So it’s time to find out how our fun pre-Valentine’s Day Party went and if my inspiration turned into something both pretty AND yummy. I have to say we had CRAZY fun. Partly, because I’m traveling a lot over the next few weeks and I was only home 1 day and we deicided to spend time trying to make the perfect Valentine cookie, watching movies, and just having family fun.
What’s a party without using pretzels as your nose? I didn’t know the answer to that, but apparently Gabriel did.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies or cookie dough (we used Snickerdoodle for flavor)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 bucket pre-made Chocolate Covered Pretzel Hearts
- Red Decorator Sugar
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; work flour into dough until well blended.
- Roll out cookie dough to a nice even width. Not too thin and not too thick.
- Using Heart Cookie Cutter cut out heart shapes.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost cookies with frosting.
- Decorate with colored decorator sugar
- Place Chocolate Covered Heart pretzels
The only problem we had was that you can’t really tell the cookies are heart shaped. I think I needed a better looking heart cutout so you could tell the shape more, but they tasted EXCELLENT! The best part was that I did not have to make the chocolate covered pretzels so anyone at all can make these. The kids had fun using the Great Value Red Sugar to help decorate. A fun filled night with yummy goodness!
***Disclosure: I was provided info for this post by The Motherhood and Ralcorp as well as compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.***