We went to New Orleans for the 2nd time for our anniversary and this time we drove the Kia Optima Hybrid and I truly fell in love! I almost bought one back in December then went to the Forte and decided last minute that I did not want to settle and wanted the Optima so we are waiting for that wonderful time of year (TAX Time) to come around so we can buy me my first “Brand New” Car. I’m super excited because even though I’ve bought newer cars they have always been used! Now let me tell you all about the Optima:
- Type: 2.4, 4 Cylinder, Full Parallel Hybrid
- Horsepower SULEV (SAE net): 166 @ 6,000 rpm
- Torque: (SAE net): 195 lbs.
- Transmission: 6 speed Electronically Controlled Sportmatic Overdrive
- Estimated City/Highway: 34/39
- Combined: 36
- Fuel Capacity (Gallons): 18.5
The best thing about this car was the Fuel Efficiency. I have never driven a Hybrid Car before and both Brian and I were extremely impressed. We drove all the way to New Orleans ( over 559.25 miles) and had to fill up only once after we got gas here in Spring Hill, TN. Another thing that impressed me was how extremely quiet the car was. I had to check a couple of time when I started the car to make sure it was on! The way it switched from regular gas to the Hybrid engine was very smooth.
- AM/FM/MP3?Sirius XM Audio System: Whether it’s my songs on my Iphone, Pandora, Sirius, or regular Radio. Whatever your in the mood for.
- Infinity Speakers: The Infinity Speakers mean you can look cool AND sound cool for the kids.
- Navigation: I get lost going to the grocery store, but with Navigation I can drive all the way to New Orleans without stopping for directions.
- Rear Camera Display: My love for this feature never dies. With driving in New Orleans everything was tight so this came in handy.
- USB/Auxillary Input Jacks: My iPhone….aka My Right Hand
- BLUETOOTH Wireless: Easy to call home and check on the kids
- Smart Key & Push Button Start: For someone who has locked her keys in the car this is just…well. SMART!
- Panaromic Tilt/Sliding Sunroof: Again makes me look cooler than I am
I’ve talked before about my love for a good navigation system. It’s because they are just so convenient! Plus, I don’t have one in the Expedition so it’s envy as well. There’s always something to listen to.
This was a car that felt good and looked good. PLUS, it’s good for the environment! A 5 Star Crash Rating isn’t too shabby either! Bottom line, we had a great time driving this car to New Orleans. It was just what I needed. I always fall in love with cars I review, but this one I’m making my next purchase! With a starting price of $25,700 it’s at a good price point for any family. Plus, like I keep saying it’s a Cool car and any reason that I look like a cool Mom in front of the kids I’ll take!