For this task, I wanted to do something different. I searched and searched internet land for something that would inspire me and be a little bit different from what everyone else was making. I knew I wanted to make an extra special sugar cookie, but all I was getting was the same ole same ole. Sugar Cookies that cut out in cute heart shapes. Then I saw something that made me go hmmmmmm.
THAT got my mind whirling, but I still wanted something else. So I looked around on the WalMart website and found these:
An Alder Creek Chocolate-Dipped Heart-Shaped Pretzels Valentine’s Gift Set….Then a light bulb went off and I went shopping at the local WalMart.
As soon as I walked in I found EXACTLY what would make these cookies complete. Already made chocolate covered heart pretzels! With that accomplishment I went and grabbed some Great Value refrigerated cookie dough and some fun “extras” to make the sugar cookies “pop”.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) refrigerated sugar cookies or cookie dough
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vanilla ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 bucket pre-made Chocolate Covered Pretzel Hearts
- Red Decorator Sugar
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, break up cookie dough; work flour into dough until well blended.
- Roll out cookie dough to a nice even width. Not too thin and not too thick.
- Using Heart Cookie Cutter cut out heart shapes.
- Bake 7 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Frost cookies with frosting.
- Decorate with colored decorator sugar
- Place Chocolate Covered Heart pretzels
Ta-da! A nice easy recipe that turns your ordinary sugar cookies into something special AND is easy enough for those who don’t do much baking from scratch. Now, you have to wait until next week to see how the recipe turned out and how our Great Value Party went! So check in then!
***Disclosure: I was provided info for this post by The Motherhood and Ralcorp as well as compensated for my time. All opinions are my own.***