“Operation Christmas Child is a non profit organization that has inspired millions to pack Christmas Shoe-box gifts for children in developing countries. This year, OCC expects to reach a milestone with more than 100 MILLION children receiving shoe box gifts since 1993.
It doesn’t have to stop there. Their plan is to go above and beyond 100 million. There are over 2 billion children in the world and half live in poverty.”
Kindness, compassion, and generosity. Those 3 things I try to instill in my children. I think it’s important for them to grow up being polite and knowing that they do live in a world where there are more people who are less fortunate than them. I may be biased, but I think they are pretty good kids. They love working hard and doing things for the community. Here they are packing their shoebox for a little boy.
Now I want to encourage YOU and YOUR FAMILY to build a shoebox and give back this season!
HOW TO PACK A BOX
- Use an empty shoe box (standard size, please) or a small plastic container. You can wrap the box (lid separately), but wrapping is not required.
- Boy or Girl?: Determine whether your gift will be for a boy or a girl, and the child’s age category: 2-4, 5-9, or 10-14. You can download a label online or click the Follow Your Box option to get a special label to learn the destination of you shoe box gift.
- Fill it up! Fill the box with a variety of gifts that will bring delight to a child such as toys, school supplies, and hygiene items. A list of suggested gift items is available here.
- Donate $7 Please donate $7 or more for each shoe box you prepare to help cover shipping and other project costs. You can give online by using our Follow Your Box option, or you can write a check to Samaritan’s Purse (note “OCC” on memo line) and place it in an envelope on top of the gift items inside your box. If you or your family are preparing more than one shoe box, please make one combined donation.
- Drop Off Click here to find the closest drop-off location during you and drop off your box during OCC’s National Collection Week, Nov. 12-19, 2012.
You can also send shoe box gifts year-round to:
Operation Christmas Child
801 Bamboo Road
Boone, NC 28607
Want to keep a look on what’s going on with OCC? Follow OCC on Social Media:
This holiday season build a box with your family to teach kindness, compassion, and generosity.
BlogFrog will match the first 200 boxes that are built. Pledge your commitment below to build a box today on Facebook or Twitter!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Operation Christmas Child. The opinions and text are all mine.