For our Family Vacation we usually review a vehicle for our 10-12 hour drive to Orlando. Being in a car that long gives you a good idea of how you feel either way. You will love it or hate and this time the Kia Sorento exceeded expectations. This was a vehicle we basically lived in for a few days and let’s just say life was sweet. So no let’s get to some of the specs.
- Type: 2.4L I4,
- Materials: Aluminum Block and Head
- Compression Ratio: 10.5:1
- Displacement: 2,359 cc
- Horsepower (SAE net): 175 hp @6,000 rpm
- Torque (SAE net): 1169ft. lbs @3,750
- Valve Gear: Dohc w/Dual CVVT
- Transmission: Electronically Controlled 6-speed Automatic, Overdrive w/ Sportmatic
A 6-Speed Automatic transmission provides a smooth, seamless shifting and improved fuel efficiency. It’s Sportmatic design allows you to choose between automatic shifting and for a sportier driving experience, clutch free manual shifting.
- Estimated City/Highway 2.4L w/GDI Fuel System: 22/32 MPG
- Estimated City/Highway AWD: 21/27 MPG
- Fuel Capacity (Gallons): 18.0
With the push of a button you can fold your mirrors. I really liked this feature because we lost a mirror on our older SUV in a Mall parking lot before. It just adds a little peace of mind and added convenience.
We have a family of 4 and we packed for 9 days away. That’s 9 days of clothes, shoes, bathroom essentials, electronics, and a pillow pet or 2. We got everything in with no problem! As a mom I always need lots of trunk space and the Kia Sorento delivers.
Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH) makes it easier and convenient to secure child car seats and booster seats.
A good navigation system MAKES a car these days. After all we want to be connected to our music, information, and technology 24/7. The navigation and Sirius XM radio system does that 10 fold. Sirius Satellite Radio features over 130 channels and you can add in Sirius Traffic and enable your navigation to display continuously updated traffic info. We used this and saved about an hour by going an alternate route on our way. It also gave us an estimate of our travel time which was nice when the kids kept yelling “How much longer Mom!”.
I liked that I could plug up my iPhone and not only have it charging, but could use some of my own music and radio. I like customizing a road trip playlist. Everyone gets a say so it’s a variety of different music tastes. PLUS, with the Infinity Speakers we were rocking out with the best.
Last, but not least is the Rear Camera Display. Moms, Dads, and Grandparents everywhere love this feature. No more bike or toys accidentally run over and if you have a rough time parking like me this comes in handy.
- 18″ Hyper-Finish Alloy Wheels
- Chrome Tail Pipe Finish
- Auto Light Controls
- Fog Lights
- Body Colored Heated outside Mirrors w/LED Turn Signal
- Roof Rails
- Available Tow Hitch
- UVO Powered by Microsoft Infotainment SystemSteering
- Steering Wheel Mounted Audio/Cruise BLUETOOTH Wireless Technology Controls
- Auxiliary and USB Audio Input Jacks
- Push Button Start w/ Smart Key
- Backup Warning System
- Interior Accent Illumination
- Second Row Arm Rest w/Cup Holder
- Black Wood Trim
- 8 Way Power Driver’s Seat and Lumber Support
- Second Row 60/40 Split Folding Seats
- An advanced System of airbags, including dual front and driver and front passenger seat mounted side airbags
- Front and Rear 3 Point Seat Belts
- 4 wheel Disc and Antilock Brakes
- Built in the USA
I literally fell in love with the Sorento. The way it handled was a dream. I could feel the power in my hands, but I wasn’t going so fast I didn’t realize it like in some cars. The Kia Sorento is on our short list of cars I’m looking at. I do want to test the Optima and see how it compares, but right now even the husband is pushing for the Sorento. This vehicle just made our long road trip pass by a little bit faster and we were all a little more comfortable and in the end that’s what I look for: Convenience, Comfort, Technology, and overall feeling. The 2013 Kia Sorento is a must look at if your in the market.
***Disclosure: I reviewed a Kia Sorento and was provided the car by DriveSTI. All opinions are 100% mine. ***