On the gameplay front, Power Gig uses new technology that represents the next evolution of music performance games to provide all players – from casual gamers to the hardcore, from those who have never before picked up a guitar to those who play guitar on a regular basis – with a more authentic and fun experience. The game offers two overarching modes of play. In addition to traditional beat-matching that will be familiar to fans of the band game genre, Power Gig also introduces the option to switch on chording, or chord play. Chording presents the added challenge of playing the game using chords that require specific finger placement on the strings. As players progress through the game, becoming more comfortable with a genuine guitar and potentially choosing to play real power chords, they will find that the byproduct of playing the game is coming away from it with an understanding of some real-life guitar fundamentals.
The World of Ohm
Power Gig: Rise of the SixString takes place in Ohm, a world where music is power. Rockers are the guardians of musical clans, serving their leaders with the mysterious powers of music and Mojo. You and two of your friends take on the role of these Rockers as they encounter power struggles and intrigue. In Ohm, alliances are forged and broken, rulers rise and fall, and heroes are made as competition rages among the rocker clans. Music is power…it’s time to play.
Revolutionary Instrument Peripherals
The SixString Guitar: The SixString Guitar pulls you into a more authentic rock experience with real strings instead of buttons and lets you take the experience even further through Power Chord mode, which blends real power chords into gameplay. The icing on the cake – the SixString is also a fully functional real electric guitar that can be plugged into any standard guitar amp!
Power Gig ups the ante on the music front with a host of killer tracks, led by three music superstars that are exclusive to our game – Eric Clapton, Dave Matthews Band and Kid Rock. This marks the first time ever that master recordings of songs from each of the three artists will appear as part of a band video game. Power Gig will also feature a host of songs from major label artists and emerging talent from the indie scene, many of which are available for the first time ever in music games.
Power Gig: Rise of the SixString and all of its controllers are compatible with Rock Band® & Guitar Hero® games and peripherals*. Go to powergig.com/compatibility for more information.
Now onto the Giveaway!
Here is your chance to win the Power Gig: Rise of the SixString game and Guitar for the XBOX 360
How to Enter:
Extra Entries (for EVERY extra entry leave another comment) :
- Follow me (twitter or facebook)(EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Follow Power Gig on twitter or facebook (EACH one is a separate entry!)
- Grab my button and link back to me
- Tweet about this contest (can do this daily): RT @waystosave NEW Giveaway @PowerGig Rise of the SixString Game & Guitar for XBOX 360 #win #sweeps http://tinyurl.com/24o2h2c
- Follow me on Google Friend Connect
- Leave a comment on a NON giveaway post.
- Begins today January 9, 2011 and ends on January 26, 2011! Winner will be announced 2-4 days after the giveaway has ended. Open to 18+ USA. You must leave your email so I can contact you if you win. You will have 48 hours to respond or I will choose a new winner. Winners will be chosen using random.org. You will receive your prize within 4-6 weeks.
***I did NOT receive any compensation for this giveaway***