Top 10 Gifts and/or Toys For Boys
Thursday, November 5, 2009 13 Post-It Notes
1. The Mindflex Game is absolutely the coolest game I've ever seen! It has a headset that reads your brain waves and a levitating foam ball--is the kind of game that must be seen to be believed. Recommended for kiddos 8+, the game begins when you strap on the headset so you can use your powers of concentration to move the ball around the game console and through a mind-bending obstacle course. So if you want the "wow" factor definitely go with the Mindflex Game.
Nintendo DSi features Nintendo's trademark stylus-driven touchscreen technology, but Nintendo has also created the Nintendo DSi with significantly larger screens and an even slimmer body design than its earlier cousins. Other features include the ability to snap photos with built-in cameras, edit and send them to friends, play back your music with Nintendo DSi Sound, or browse the Internet. The DSi even includes approximately 256 MB on-board memory to store pictures, music, and more. From playing games to just playing around, the Nintendo DSi does it all.
3. One thing I have never "got" is the Bakugan craze. The new Bakugan 7 in 1 Maxus Dragonoid is the latest and promises to be the best yet. Or at least my sons says so. It includes one Bakugan warrior and six traps that, when transformed, can be assembled into a giant dragon robot. These seven pieces are unique and can't be found anywhere else, making this set essential for any Bakugan player/collector. Also available at Wal-Mart.
Ripstik Caster Board a cross between a skateboard and a snowboard, the Ripstik Caster Board is the perfect ride for kids looking for the next big thrill. The board is distinguished by its pivoting deck and 360-degree inclined caster trucks, which offer a snowboard-like carving ability. A simple weight transfer lets you turn or accelerate without pushing, just like when you're carving down the slopes.
5. When Gabriel asked for the Bananagrams word game I said SURE! Bananagrams is a fast and fun word game that requires no pencil, paper or board. All you need is a table. One hand can be played in as little as five minutes. It is a great for family fun as well as being educational. Bananagrams
portability makes it perfect for travel. Just grab the pouch and go.
6. Every little boy needs a train. This KidKraft Ride Around Train Set with Table is AWESOME!. It features 100 colorful pieces, a moveable crane, an airport with runway and helipad,and a hospital with ambulance. The KidKraft Ride Around Train Set with Table is large enough that multiple children can play at once and has 2 bins for storage. Regularly over $200 it is now $125!
7. I like Scientific Explorer's Disgusting Science - A Kit for Studying the Science of Revolting Things because it's educational and disgusting. What boy you know wouldn't love that? You can grow your own friendly germs and fuzzy molds. Mix up a batch of coagulating fake blood. Even make a stinky intestine. Learn the science behind unmentionable bodily functions while doing some truly NASTY experiments.
Fisher-Price Power Wheels AT Rex is the ultimate in ride on toys. Transforms from cool ATV to awesome A.T.REX™ with light-up eyes, ferocious mouth that kids can open and close, and a fearsome T-Rex "ROAAARRR!"
Equipped with Power Wheels Monster Traction™ drive system to claw through rough backyard terrain-Ruts, grass, gravel, mud and more, it won’t get stuck where the others might! Drives two speeds forward (2.5 and 5 mph, max.) plus reverse, with high-speed lock-out for beginners and Power Lock™ brakes.
9. The Wii has a great updated classic: New Super Mario Bros. New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario's new ability to transform into Penguin Mario. New Super Mario Bros Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it. Supports 2-4 players in multiplayer mode. Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game.
10. Wal-Mart has an awesome offer right now. The Nintendo Wii Customer Choice Bundleincludes: Nintendo Wii Console w/ Wii Sports, Additional Wii Remote, Additional Wii Nunchuk,Your choice of game, Wii 2000 Points Card, Choice of Charge Station. ALL of that for $299 whereas the Wii Game Console
itself costs $199.