Happy Earth Day!!!!!
Thursday, April 23, 2009 1 Post-It Notes
- Plant a Tree! Planting trees helps to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, cleans pollution, secures soil in place to prevent erosion, and provides homes for a lot of biodiversity.
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle all day! Get the kids in on it and talk to them how recycling helps save the Earth.
- Make a trip to Goodwill! You and the kids go through some old toys, clothes, etc. and load up all unused or unworn clothes and take them to Goodwill. Explain how this helps people less fortunate.
- Cook a special Earth Day meal. Use organic food and use recycled material to decorate the table.
- Remember everyday is Earth Day! Anything to help our environment is a perfect thing to do on Earth Day and every day. Don't restrict yourself to just one day a year; learn about how you can make a difference to environmental protection all the time. And put it into practice - every day. It even helps you SAVE! Save time, energy, and money.